Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who is eligible for the vaccine

On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 10:54:06 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 1:12:24 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message

Some would say that everyone should be able to get good insurance at a
reasonable cost, whether they are working or not.

And others with even half a clue know that Medicare for all makes a lot more
sense.

What do you think Medicare is? We pay premiums for Medicare ($148.50/month
in 2021, more if you were a high-wage earner). This is on top of all the Medicare
taxes we've paid over the years (or on top of current workers' Medicare taxes if
you view it as a Ponzi scheme).

Sure, it's not as expensive as off-the-peg private insurance, but it might qualify
as "good insurance at a reasonable cost".

If you have health issues, you might also pay more for supplemental insurance to
cover things Medicare doesn't cover.

Cindy Hamilton

You are pretty much required to buy the Plan D drug plan and you also
need the gap coverage if you are not rich enough to self insure. If
you are that rich, you might skip insurance anyway but it is not
likely.
Even for Medicare people, by the time you pay Part B, Part D and the
almost all inclusive Plan F you are getting close to $500 a month if
you add vision and dental.