Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT. Nebraska Covid Vaccination Timeline

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 3 Feb 2021 11:18:08 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

http://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information.aspx#SectionLink3
There's a timeline about halfway down the page.
It looks like the powers that be hope to have vaccinations completed by October. They hope to
be done with the geezer crowd by about mid May.

Very interesting. Another state that put +65 in 1b (One b, not the
abbreviation for pound***). I should buy a Nebraska ID and spend a
month there, and I'll be vaccinated. A lot of snow there now?

Maryland drugstores are gearing up to vaccinate, and one supermarket**
is already taking reservations (at its pharmacy department, which I
think qualifies as a drugstore. They seem to sell and do everything a
drugstore does.). It makes a list of branches starting with the one
closest to me and lets me pick, but then alas, it says all appointments
are taken. That's fine. It's because they have no vaccine and no
appointments yet. Maybe in one week.

I already have a request in with the county but the news said the number
of qualified drugstores is 6 times the current number of places that are
vaccinating. Still, it shoudln't be this complicated. There should be
one registration website/phone number, and drugstores should be added
automatically when they come on line. There didn't need to be 66
different webpages either, anymore than having each jurisdiction write
its same tracking app, just one good one. I believe in federalism too,
but i'm sure some of these don't work well, others were awarded to the
state senate head's nephew, etc.

I can't figure out if Biden did something different or if this drugstore
part would have happened at the same speed under trump. If anyone
replies, try to remove ideology and stick to facts, although I think
people see facts based on who they like.

**It's SAFEWAY, but it links to an ALBERTSON page, which displays about
10 logos, so if there is an ALBERTSON-owned chain near you, this is
probably an option.

The one thing drugstores and supermarkets haven't had that clinics have
is enough seats to wait in afterward, but I'm sure they can find a few
chairs and make people who want to buy what's behind the patients
waiting either wait themselves of lean over them. ;-)

***My first typewriter had no 1 key. You were supposed to use an l.
yeah there's a teeny difference but if they had removed the serifs from
the 1 when they invented computers, it would be a lot easier to tell.
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 don't have serifs, why does one have to?