Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkieİ Tekkieİ is offline

Default OT. Google Joins Ford

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 13:19:34 -0500, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/2/2021 10:40 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 9:11:19 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, February 1, 2021 at 5:08:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Google is going to help Ford out with in vehicle
entertainment etc.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/01/ford-and-google-sign-six-year-deal-for-android-in-car-apps-cloud.html
codger
Why do cars need entertainment? In my day, we made our own entertainment.
I spy, with my little eye, ...
/codger

AM/FM radio was leading edge tech in vehicles when I was growing up. My brand
new shiny Toyota pickup has one of those screens in it. It shows a warning every time
I start the pickup. The warning says not to pay attention to the screen.
One feature that is nice is the cruise control. It uses radar to keep me from rear ending a slower driver if I catch up to them.

I've got the Subaru EyeSight in my Crosstrek that does this. It's
always beeping when there are big breaks in road lines and even helps
with steering. Says it prevents 85% of front end collisions but I don't
want to test it.

All this electronic crap can cause your vehicle to be declared totaled
in an accident because of extra repair cost. I drive a vehicle to get
from one place to another, not to get entertained.

Air bag deployment is what adds up to the cost. Also the body shop should take
the readings from the brain box and upload them when finished. Otherwise they
will have to reinitialize every sensor.

--
Tekkie