Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default I'm inoculated :-)

On 02/02/2021 17:51, T i m wrote:

Mrs said she didn't feel her injection and the area was only slightly
tender to the touch for a couple of days (AstraZenica).

That may not say much as she's in pain most the time (arthritus, needs
two new shoulders to go with the new knees). ;-(

If your Mrs is suffering arthritic pain, I most strongly suggest that
she eliminates from her diet the well-known trigger foods from the
Solanaceae family. These include tomatoes (sometimes known as 'the evil
fruit'), potatoes, and bell and chilli peppers. I further suggest she
takes the maximum daily dose of flax-seed oil.

Such changes can bring benefits to arthritis sufferers in the form of
reduced or eliminated pain, and possibly better joint movement. Expect
to keep the elimination diet and supplementation going for at least
three months, and it may have to become permanent. When pain has reduced
or been eliminated, cautious re-introduction of one of the trigger foods
can be attempted; if pain reoccurs, then eliminate that food from the diet.

I have Heberden's Nodes in the base of my right thumb, and my jaw. The
last time I tested for potato sensitivity, I ate four potato chips (not
crisps). The result was that my jaw was reluctant to open and felt like
it was falling off. My thumb was so painful I couldn't use my right hand
to pick up anything. The pain and discomfort lasted seven days. Since
then I have ruthlessly eliminated potato from my diet, even as a minor
additive, and my thumb and jaw have performed as normal.

Your Mrs has nothing to lose, and a lot to gain, from trying an
elimination diet. I commend it to you both.

--
Spike