Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Google Joins Ford

On 02/02/2021 08:11 AM, wrote:
On Monday, February 1, 2021 at 5:08:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Google is going to help Ford out with in vehicle
entertainment etc.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/01/ford-and-google-sign-six-year-deal-for-android-in-car-apps-cloud.html

codger
Why do cars need entertainment? In my day, we made our own entertainment.
I spy, with my little eye, ...
/codger

Last spring when I was reading car reviews a lot of them glossed over
the car itself and got right down to the entertainment center.

I'm not sure if what I have qualifies a an entertainment center. There's
a radio, I can plug a thumb drive full of MP3's into the USB port, and
the phone will pair up if I want to listen to Jango.

It does display the backup camera. I suppose it would be entertaining to
see how many little old ladies I could run over in reverse without using
the mirrors.

Nice thought but hatchbacks tend to suck up road dirt and deposit it on
the hatch, including the camera lens. The window has a washer/wiper, the
camera doesn't.

codger
I've been using mirrors since they shot Kennedy. No big Loss.
/codger