Posted to uk.d-i-y
pinnerite pinnerite is offline

Default Multimeter leads

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:46:47 +0000
pinnerite wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 08:55:38 -0500
Paul wrote:

Theo wrote:
pinnerite wrote:
Thus I do not have the answers to the Friday post either.

Here you go:
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-3089600-.htm

Theo
*ducks* ;-)

There's a Google Groups too. And the presentation today on GG,
isn't all that much different from the hub.

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.d-i-y

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.d-i-y/c/lXXSsJWNmMk

Paul

I must say this info is really interesting.
My problem was that I could get hook ended probes but at best (if they came with leads) they were terminated with 2mm banana plud whereas I wanted 4mm shrouded banana plugs.

However I found one source "Warwick Test Supplies" that had wirable mini-hook probes and wireable 4mm shrouded banana plugs. I already had reels of suitable red and black cables.

Of course, always the lucky one, the order acknlwledgement tells me that if they are not in stuck, I might have to wait for up to 28 days for delivery.
So exciting!

job done.
Warwick are good.

The 4mm plugs come in three poarts. The centre section has two grub screws. They were inserted so far in that I couldnm't tell what tool was needed to unscrew them.

An email was responded to quickly. I needed a 1.5mm hext driver. Just the size missing from my set of allen keys.

A filed down screwdriver solved it.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Alan

--
Mint 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-42-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.