Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Arthur[_2_] Clive Arthur[_2_] is offline

Default Hotpoint Oven turning itself off - diagnosis help please

On 31/01/2021 21:00, Alan wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 12:24:47 -0800, Mike Gibbons wrote:

Hi,

I have a Hotpoint AHP662X built in oven with a fault. If anyone can
help with the diagnosis I'd be very grateful. Here's what happens:

1. Turn on oven - normal fan setting.
2. Oven warms up normally, thermostat clicks and the heating up light
goes off.
3. After a while - 10 to 30 mins - oven goes off entirely. Fan stopped
clock display goes off.
4. A few minutes later the power comes back on.
5. Oven works for a while before repeating the cutting out cycle.

The Overheat thermostat or its fan are a likely cause. Has it got a case
fan, not for cooking, but to keep the electrics cool? This is normally a
100mm or so fan on the back casing.
It is controlled by either a timer pcb, or a stat. If the internal casing
overheats the stat cuts all power.
Also, on some ovens, the overheat stats for the oven also cut all power.
Check the fan first if it has one, then the 2 or 3 stats.

And try running the oven at a lower temperature - say 100'C - and see if
it still cuts out.

--
Cheers
Clive