Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Who is eligible for the vaccine

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 31 Jan 2021 14:12:05 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 1/31/2021 7:56 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/31/2021 12:14 AM, Bob F wrote:

Florida is among the states I have never had any desire to live. Flat
and hot - yuk.

Trade offs.* Yesterday I had lunch out on the lanai and called my friend
in MA where it was 13 degrees.* Now they are expecting a foot of snow.
Do you want to go fishing or shovel snow?

The trade off is July and August when I'm sitting in AC, not outside.

I've survived the last last 40 years without needing much A\C, although
a couple of my vehicles had it, but it was rarely used.

In the car I never used the AC until it was over 90 (although in the
last couple years I've been decadent).

At home my AC has been broken for years, but even without the fan below,
there are only 6 to 8 days a summer when I really want it. I have a
laundry chute in the 2nd floor hall and I found a fan that fits the
opening, and I run it to blow cool air from the basement to the second
floor. Not sure but I think it lowers the temp 2-3 degrees, which is
often the margine between bad and good. .