Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who is eligible for the vaccine

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 21:14:49 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/30/2021 7:30 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021 14:06:42 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:58:23 -0500,
wrote:

They now have the waiting list lottery. You sign up and wait for the
call. There was no "short window" thing and the site worked just fine.
It is still a problem of supply and demand.
Florida had a huge problem that we have a disproportional number of
snowbirds at this time of year and most are over 65.

FWIW, my mother didn't want to move to Florida when she got old. She'd
been there and thought it was too hot! That AC exists didn't change
that for her. Some old people can't take the cold in the North, but I
dont' remember ever hearing my mother complain about that in Allentown,
Pa. or Baltimore (which is I think warmer than Allentown) nor when she
was younger in even colder places.

When I was little, it would snow in November or December and the snow
would stay on the ground until March. We woldn't see the grass for those
months. Talking to the parents of my friend, who were still there 50
years later, I learned it's not that cold there anymore.

It is hotter in downtown DC in the summer than downtown Ft Myers. We
seldom se much over 95, DC gets over 100 and far less fresh air or sea
breeze.

Florida is among the states I have never had any desire to live. Flat
and hot - yuk.

We thank you for that.
Tell your friends, tell your neighbors.
It sucks down here.
It is hot.
We have snakes, alligators, hurricanes and roaches the size of your
thumb.
This is not a place for girly men.
Sip your latte and look out the window at the rain.