Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Dentists

On 30/01/2021 11:12, Andy Burns wrote:

Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

they called you back to come-in, emptied your pockets into a
plastic box, took your temperature with an ir thermometer and
straight in for treatment.

What's supposed to be in your pockets that's so dangerous?

Dunno, but I suppose if everything is "confiscated" nobody has to think
which items are, or aren't a risk, they did warn in advance it would
happen, so all I had in my pockets were keys and wallet, left phone in car.

Surely that puts everyone at more risk of a virus transfer? You are
transferring objects to a third party and then they are transferring
them back to you. Other, non medical, establishments would prefer
non-contact procedures. I assume the box was FULLY sterilised before you
placed you pocket contents in the box or else you have the risk of the
previous contents contaminating yours.