Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default vinyl welding wetroom floor and walls

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
George Miles presented the following explanation :
and where would i find someone good at welding vinyl?

It's not that difficult....

Hot air gun, plus a metal roller on a handle. Get the vinyl to melting
point, then run the roller over them to get them to weld. Trick is not
to get it so hot, it burns and be quick with the roller.

The standard way is, like metal welding, to use a filler stick. At
least it used to be as my father had a business which made ducting and
he started using PVC for ducting back in the 60s and 70s.

I bought a collection of different plastic welding rods recently too,
had to be careful to keep them labelled so I know which is which.

--
Chris Green
ยท