Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default comparing helical cutter heads

On 1/29/2021 8:12 PM, Bob D wrote:
On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 9:30:05 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:

I was not terribly unhappy with the 3 knives,on my planer, but a real
PIA to take out and replace when they dull, the primary reason for going
with helical. Secondary reason is the better cut, I hope. Still have
not had time to clean/adjust/try out the new machine.

I pulled the trigger on a new helical head today. I hope to be as satisfied with it as I am for the Joiner upgrade.

Bob

I cracked open the owners manual of the new machine. Hummmm.. If the
cutter head runs backwards reverse the wiring. I guess I need to take
another look at the spin direction. ;~)

It's quiet now, when it runs. I hope it is spinning clockwise. It
might make more noise if I have to reverse the wiring. LOL

We need pictures!!!