Old January 13th 21, 10:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default comparing helical cutter heads

Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Old January 16th 21, 12:56 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/
Old January 16th 21, 01:00 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2021 5:56 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order.* Does anyone have experience or
comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads?* I am shopping to
upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

And have you seen this? This guy is pretty interesting and seems to
talk from experience. In about the middle of the video he talks about
LUX heads and their rust proof finish.
Old January 16th 21, 01:13 AM posted to rec.woodworking

'On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 5:56:12 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

Mywoodcutters is just a reseller for Byrd. They do not stock anything. I placed an order with them in late October. I cancelled the order this week. I finally ordered the Lux cut III head, after going over reviews on Youtube. They claim to have large stocks - we will see what happens there.
Old January 16th 21, 01:14 AM posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 6:00:33 PM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
On 1/15/2021 5:56 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or
comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to
upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

And have you seen this? This guy is pretty interesting and seems to
talk from experience. In about the middle of the video he talks about
LUX heads and their rust proof finish.

There was no link in your reply

Old January 16th 21, 11:42 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

Mywoodcutters is just a reseller for Byrd. They do not stock anything. I placed an order with them in late October. I cancelled the order this week. I finally ordered the Lux cut III head, after going over reviews on Youtube. They claim to have large stocks - we will see what happens there.

Waiting is no fun.... I'm still waiting on my jointer/planer
combo...... Although if it arrives too soon It will be in the way. LOL.
I am working on a kitchen redo. New cabinet doors and drawers plus I am
adding drawers to 5 of the bottom cabinets. About 21 drawers all together.

Old January 16th 21, 11:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2021 5:56 PM, Leon wrote:
On 1/13/2021 3:18 PM, Bob D wrote:
Shelix heads are on severe back order. Does anyone have experience or
comments regarding Shelix vx. Lux Cut III heads? I am shopping to
upgrade the head on my Powermatic 54a jointer.

Bob

Have you tried here?

https://mywoodcutters.com/

And have you seen this? This guy is pretty interesting and seems to
talk from experience. In about the middle of the video he talks about
LUX heads and their rust proof finish.

There was no link in your reply

Sorry!!!

You may be happier with the LUX