Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?

knuttle wrote in
:

Any thing can be handled WITH THE PROPER SAFETY PRACTICES. It is when
you neglect those practices that accidents happen.

In the winter when doing a lot of work on my table saw, I turn off all
spark producing devices, as dust like volatile liquids can explode
with an ignition source and the right concentration. With saw dust
the chances of explosion are extremely low. But the chances of one
house blowing up from a gas leak are extremely low.

It's been a long time since I've seen the saw dust explosion thing... IIRC,
it takes a dust to air ratio so thick that you can't breath.

Puckdropper