Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default OT? Electric shavers

On 29/01/2021 10:21, tim... wrote:

"ss" wrote in message

[snip]

As an aside the rotary shavers are easy to dismantle and sharpen the
`blades` every so often, like once a year. Lots of tutorials on utube.

given that the official blurb is that heads should be replaced every
*month* sharpening once per year doesn't seem frequent enough

Every month ??????

Don't know what brand you're using but the instructions for my Philips
shaver say to replace every two years.

In practice I ignore that and continue using the same heads until I
notice a deterioration and usually get at least 3 years out of them.

Before switching to Philips rotary I used Braun shavers with
reciprocating cutters and flexible foils. These used to fail
dramatically when the cutters wore through the foil and tore holes in
it. The Philips heads are *much* more robust and shave as close as the
Braun did with it's micro thin foil.