Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default 12vdc car battery charger

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 20:55:13 -0600, bud-- wrote:

On 1/27/2021 12:18 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 21:51:55 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/26/2021 7:36 PM, rbowman wrote:

I don't have that brand but it does have a feature older chargers don't:

https://www.chargingchargers.com/tut...sulfation.html

That link is pushing their own chargers but the technology is the same.

Reports are that the "pulse tech" charging concept is nonsense.

Also from Home Despot

Internet #310342966
Model # HW6000015

50/10/2 amp analog $68

I have not seen a reliable source that says pulse desulfation works.

A source I think is reliable for all types of batteries is battery
university

https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/sulfation_and_how_to_prevent_it
which says
"Several companies offer anti-sulfation devices that apply pulses to the
battery terminals to prevent and reverse sulfation. Such technologies
will lower the sulfation on a healthy battery, but they cannot
effectively reverse the condition once present. It’s a “one size fits
all” approach and the method is unscientific."

Comments?

Note what it says - Such technologies will lower the sulfation on a
healthy battery.

So the idea is sound - and it DOES work - to a point. Once a battery
is SEVERELY sulphared, virtually NOTHING will remve the sulphate.
Pulse charge can extend the life of a battery that has been left
partially charged for a little longer than it should have been but it
can't "raise the dead"