Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT: Computer repair shop owner at center of Hunter Biden scandal speaks out

On 01/28/2021 07:27 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/27/2021 11:35 PM, rbowman wrote:

You jest... The Feebs haven't been all over anything except garage door
pulls and morons they can convince to do stupid things.

That was national newz at it's finest. We had them at a garage I
worked at and
I never heard it referred to as a noose. I guess that my mind doesn't
think in
that direction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CueCat

That was one of the bigger flops but when they came our all the
programmers who had subscribed to one of the trade mags were puzzled
to get an unsolicited box with a CueCat in it. The USB cable was long
enough to fashion a nice noose so there were little cats hanging on
the cubicle walls.

Probably okay though. The cat was white.

Hey, I had one of those. Even used it once. It was a good idea but
poorly supported. Now, the QR code is everywhere and easily accessed
on a phone with camera.

There was a hack to turn it into a bar code reader. When I was at the
gym last night the TV on the treadmill was describing their new app.
There are codes on most of the equipment and supposedly if you scan them
you get a video on how to use it. Possibly more useful if it works is an
indicator bar showing how busy the gym is at the moment.

Planet Fitness is handy since it's around the corner from work even if
it is a little strange. I wondered about their business model but they
may be doing better than a lot of gyms. The basic membership is $10 a
month. For that few people will bother to cancel if they're avoiding it
because of the CCP Flu. The gyms with the $50+ monthly rates may have
had a lot more cancellations.