Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Speedfit come unscewed

On 27/01/2021 15:21, R D S wrote:
A heads up as much as anything.

Addressing a torrent of water ****ing down a wall I ran for the stopcock
and then found a (mercifully easily accessible) speedfit elbow had come
completely unscrewed.

Anyone who has used them will know you can unscrew them partly normally
to release the grip on the pipe, and entirely with a bit of force but
this one offers no resistance at all until it's completely apart. And
has managed to rattle/wriggle itself free.

Pics below in case you want to avoid, I would, brand looks like TLC.
I've no idea where it came from oddly i've no others like it fitted or
in my toolbox. So i've either bought it as a one off (doubtful, I like
spares) or inherited it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MM1...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MIO...ew?usp=sharing

I passed this on to a friend who retired recently from a senior position
in the plastic plumbing industry. He says it looks like a Chinese
counterfeit product.

Bill