Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines doses meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 08:42:55 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 1/27/2021 8:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/27/2021 8:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I got a call at 5:30 PM today, asking if I could come in earlier than my
9PM appointment for my first shot. I had it in my arm by 6:15. My second
appointment is for Feb 23. All legally done without difficulty. How nice
it is to live in a well run Democratic state.

You mean as opposed to a poorly run state, like NY?Â*Â* The roll out is
a disaster
there, websites don't work, phones don't get answered despite
remaining on
the line for four hours.Â*Â*Â*Â* And the over arching message is, "we
don't have
enough vaccine"!Â*Â*Â* Gee, really?Â*Â* It's been clear for months that
supply won't
be up to demand for probably at least 6 months.Â*Â* Cuomo, de Blasio,
geniuses
in charge.Â* They spend more time arguing with each other than anything
else.
Oh, Cuomo had time to write a book about how to manage Covid in the
middle
of this.Â*Â* Maybe if last summer he had spent that time figuring out a
uniform
approach, a website that works, etc they wouldn't be in chaos now.

Can't speak about NY but you have to look at the whole system.Â* Here in
Florida people are complaining they had to hold on the phone or keep
dialing.

Think about it.Â* One Florida county has over 200,000 eligible people.
Most are calling the minute it goes active.Â* Even if half try, it is
100,000 people.

How big of a phone system do you have to build to handle 100,000 calls
in the first few hours?Â* How many staff do you need to answer?Â* From
interviews on the news it seems like most called immediately or in the
first couple of hours.Â* If it was equally spread over 4 hours that is
25,000 calls per hour.Â* At 2 minutes per call that is 50,000 minutes of
phone time per hour.Â* So, you need about 800 operators to answer them.

My county has about half that but went to a different system where you
register and they call you when doses are available.

We can't all be first n line.

What's wrong with using the internet? Is that just too much for a Repub
state to handle?

They do use the internet but it is the same problem. Fifty thousand
people slam the site at 0600 hoping to get in line for a few hundred
shots per location. We don't just have our population here, we have
snowbirds here from all over. It is probably easier to get a shot in
Ohio. They are all here.