View Single Post
  #16   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default Workbench Height - At the Wrist. Good Idea?

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 9:48:45 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

- Install the drawers I made for her kitchen base cabinets.
- Install a garbage disposal
- Replace some beat-up receptacles with new ones.
- Whatever else she has on her list, if I have time.

Installing drawers in kitchen cabinets is done at the drawer height of the kitchen cabinets. About 30" high. Garbage disposals are installed laying on your back underneath the sink cabinet with your hands reaching up to the underside of the sink. About 20" high. Electrical receptacles are about 12" high in the wall. You always install those in the wall. Generally you are down on one knee working. Some outlets are up at counter height. About 40" high above the countertop. To be honest, all you are talking about are tables in the basement. Just buy some heavy duty folding tables and set them up.

Woodworking benches are different than tables. Tables are what you are needing. Woodworking benches have vises and are made to assemble and work on wood. Power or hand tools. Vises on the bench to hold wood. I have a tall woodworking bench. Its great for most things. But is really too high for hand planing. It has vises at both ends.

The idea of asking about the dining table height and the kitchen counter height being correct is good.