Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago?

On 25/01/2021 18:42, Steve Walker wrote:
There is simply a lag. Most countries (certaibnly not all) are now well
below self-replacement rate, but it will be many years before the older
generations die off. Therefore most countries are beyond peak birth
rate, but not yet beyond peak population.

Global population is expected to peak in 2070.

I hope you're right (although I'll be surprised if I'm around that
long!) but do you have a source for that?

Andy