Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default OT? Electric shavers

On 26/01/2021 13:32, R D S wrote:
It's very tenuously DIY....

Apparently i've become too lazy to wet shave as regularly as I once did
but I don't want a beard so I tend to give in when looking unkempt. Ergo
spending half my time looking like a scruff.

Any recommendations for an electric shaver? preferably rechargeable

They appear to be one of the many things you can spend as much as you
like on.

The costlier ones are marketed for the sensitive skin types, or for
young BMW owners looking at the very similar graphics used in advertising.

I've got a cheap Braun "Series 3" side-to-side. It's a bit of an angle
grinder, in the the motor has a lot of torque. But it's not a close
shave, so gets used often.

In the past I found Philips rotary motors were pretty weak, and the
cutting heads pretty fiddly to strip down and clean - washing them not
really effective. Closer shave though, but expensive.

It was a £200 model RRP (who pays that?) reduced to £99 in some Boots
promotion that, on closer looks when I got it home, looked like someone
had sanitized and repackaged their returns.

Actually, I'm never buying Philips again.

--
Adrian C