Michael Baugh

Default Installing humidistat on Intertherm Central A/C unit

I took a garden-variety Aprilaire humidity sensing unit
(call it what you want, I'll call it a humidistat), rewired it to
'make' on humidity rise, wired it in series to my setback
thermostat. Welcome to read my comments from 2 or 3 years
ago if you know how to do a proper Google search.
I believe I also mentioned that my utility bill went down, too.

HvacTech2 wrote in message

Hi Michael, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jul-04 At About 02:26:19, Michael Baugh wrote to All

MB From: "Michael Baugh"

MB It makes the A/C unit function as a whole-house dehumidifier. Makes
MB a big difference when there is less than adequate insulation,
MB and that sucker just keeps running trying to catch up with the heat.
MB During the night, the humidity can get down to being drier than in
MB the Sahara Desert, and people wake up with dry throat, dry eyes,
MB etc. The humidistat cuts that out. After all, you can have a
MB comfortable 83 degrees, or a very muggy 75 degrees. The humidity
MB is the primary factor, in spite of thermostats controlling
MB most A/C units.

MB Can you tell that I've installed one on my unit?

Nope. what you are trying to do takes a lot more than a "dehumidistat"
a humidistat is for humidifiing only, or if you have the proper equipment

it
can slow the fan down to dehumidify the air more during cooling.
Those HUM terminals are for a humidifier

-= HvacTech2 =-

.. "After they make styrofoam, what do they ship it in?" - s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail