Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default France, Once a Vaccine Pioneer, Is Top Skeptic in Covid-19Pandemic

On 25/01/2021 15:39, R D S wrote:
On 25/01/2021 15:08, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
R D S expressed precisely :
I'm not anti-vax but i'd rather not be injected with something I
don't understand to fix a problem I don't see myself having.

How can you possibly determine that, lots of under 50's suffering and
dying from it? Do you feel lucky?

No, I simply see the odds as being stacked massively in my favour. And
that's backed up by the stats of just how many under 50s are dying from
it. I'm not going to search for the stats though, the daily death graphs
*have* been causing me ill health for the last 12 months.

Under 45 and you are roughly in the regularly driving UK roads for a
decade risk category. This is the URL for age related fatality risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51674743

Primary school pupils are more likely to die in an RTC on the way to
school than they are to die of Covid.

Obviously you and anyone else must feel free to take the vaccine, I have
no motivation to talk you out of it, but would like to hang onto the
right to be reluctant, if that's OK?

I think now that we are close to 10 million vaccinations worldwide so
that any nasty surprises would have come out by now. I'd prefer the
Pfizer vaccine myself but I'd happily take any that were offered. YMMV

It will be ages before they offer Covid vaccination to healthy under
45's. Indeed they may never get around to it if they manage to get the
hospitalisation and death rates under control by only vaccinating those
at highest risk first and then summer arrives like the cavalry.

Only time will tell. No reason to fear the vaccine unless you are
actually allergic to almost everything. If you have to carry an epipen
round with you then you should make the vaccination team aware.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown