Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car window controls

On 26/01/2021 10:08, fred wrote:
Many years ago i saw a car, I think it may have been a Rover, which used a long handle to open or close the window. It was a very simple solution but went the way of lots of good ideas.

Anyone remember this? If so what model featured it.

I had a 1947 Rover 12 with that type of window handle (only on the
driver's side). It meant you could open the window very quickly when you
wanted to hurl abuse at other motorists.g

I think a lot of London taxis had handles like that too.
--
Cheers,
Roger