Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Car window controls

On 26/01/2021 10:08, fred wrote:
Many years ago i saw a car, I think it may have been a Rover, which used a long handle to open or close the window. It was a very simple solution but went the way of lots of good ideas.

Anyone remember this? If so what model featured it.

I remember this being mentioned in a car programme, probably in the
1960's. I think in the context of it enabling hand signals quickly
without all the winding (Virtually no electric windows in those days).
I've never actually seen one though. ISTR it was on something larger,
older, and conservative; the Rover / Humber / Armstrong Siddeley type.