Posted to uk.d-i-y
pinnerite pinnerite is offline

Default Multimeter leads

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 18:54:05 +0000
John Rumm wrote:

In article ,
pinnerite wrote:
I have a "Precision Gold" PG 017 multi-meter that came with two probes (red and black) with hard points on the ends.

Now though I need probes with grips to hold small wires.
When looking at the adverts, I cannot tell whether the plugs will fit the PG 017.

Can anyone advise?

My Maplin Precision Gold (long since dead) used the same leads plug as my
Fluke. Most half decent DVMs use the same (shrouded banana plugs). But the
Maplin one had screw on crock clips which fitted over the prongs for
gripping wires.

FWIW My Maplin DMM has 4mm banana plugs like most others, however the
croc clips that screw onto the ends of the probes have a threaded
section too large to fit on to my Fluke probes even though the clips for
that screw on in a similar way.

The set of leads I find quite useful is this one:

https://cpc.farnell.com/silvertronic...%20probe%20set

It has a set of probes with very fine ends - good for probing into the
ends of DB sockets etc. A set of vampire taps for probing through
insulation, plus a set of clips.

--
Cheers,

John.

Thanks. That was very helpful. The advert mentions compatibiity with 4mm sockets.

--
Mint 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-42-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.