Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Car dash cameras

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 25/01/2021 08:01, tim... wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 24/01/2021 07:49, Peter James wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a dash camera for the car, as I nearly had
someone
drive into me in the Co-op
car park yesterday.
Any recommendations from the NG?
Peter

I am very happy with this one, which also has a waterproof rear view
camera and GPS input:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/%E3%80%90Up.../dp/B07GPWV9RV

Though I'm at a loss to work out, how a blob stuck to the windscreen is
"completely hidden from view" (second picture)

Perhaps hidden from the driver's field of view would be more accurate.
Mine is also behind the interior mirror and is not visible during normal
driving.

so how is it usable as a reversing camera then?

The sales blurb seems to imply that use (though doesn't say it explicitly)