Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car dash cameras

On 24/01/2021 07:49, Peter James wrote:
I'm thinking of buying a dash camera for the car, as I nearly had someone
drive into me in the Co-op
car park yesterday.
Any recommendations from the NG?

Unless you buy a particulary bad one that gets 2* reviews you should be
OK. Mine was about £50 random brand full HD decent with fast lens on it.

That is about the only thing where they differ. Some do better low light
images and sharper images than others (that is worth having).

When you attach it make sure that the pivot usually a ball and socket is
firmly tightened. Otherwise the first time you have to do an emergency
stop you will get a picture of the sky. My nearest ever miss with a deer
ending up 10cm off the nearside bonnet and all I got was its ears.

Seemed like ages when it happened - on playback 2s and it was all over.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown