Posted to alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet

On 01/22/2021 06:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/22/2021 7:25 PM, micky wrote:

But why do you have to replace yours so often. Mine last for 10 years
or more. I think one i use often is still original, 42 years.

I once bought a seat refinisher, but it seemed cheap and I wasn't
convinced it did anything.

Could be the water. When we moved to CT I was going through washers and
the kits for Delta faucets very often. I put in a sediment filter in
the water line and then they lasted many years. Lots of crap in the
water and I had to change the element every couple of months.

Kalifornia has super-hard water. When your water heater finally gives
up the ghost it weighs a LOT more than it did when you installed it!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Too many people in Washington are full of themselves, among