Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Younger folk & DIY mentality

On 22/01/2021 10:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that R D S formulated :
Much ****ing about later there's a sink in the worktop, on the wonk
slightly, too close to the back so that the worktop can't quite reach
the wall unless we severely *******ise the rear of the base unit. But
it will certainly do.

Did he waterproof the cut edge of the worktop as well as seal the sink
to the worktop? Many pros do the later, but miss out the prior with the
result that any moisture bursts the worktop eventually.

I think one area that is lacking is the teaching of basics in school
these days. One of our locals who has worked on engines for years is
trying to start something for the local kids, allowing them to get their
hands dirty and using basic tools.