Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet

On 1/23/2021 3:18 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 21:11:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/22/2021 7:25 PM, micky wrote:

But why do you have to replace yours so often. Mine last for 10 years
or more. I think one i use often is still original, 42 years.

I once bought a seat refinisher, but it seemed cheap and I wasn't
convinced it did anything.

Could be the water. When we moved to CT I was going through washers and
the kits for Delta faucets very often. I put in a sediment filter in
the water line and then they lasted many years. Lots of crap in the
water and I had to change the element every couple of months.

So will the same water damage whatever it is that cartridges use?

Sort of like sand blasting, the particles will erode anything.