Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HMRC Fraud Purveyor

Courier fraud. They are not nice people, since they are basically after the
card and its pin.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Had one today I'd had years ago, so knew well. Very polite young sounding
man claiming to be a detective sergeant from Hammersmith police. And that
they'd caught someone using my credit card.

Asked him for his full name and rank and I'd phone back the police station
using the number in the book. And then got the reply they were in a
special incident room not on the switchboard. So carried on and asked a
few stupid questions. Whole thing ended up in laughter both ends. Rather
enjoyed it while self isolating - not much else to do.

--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

Dave Plowman
London SW