Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 21:11:34 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/22/2021 7:25 PM, micky wrote:

But why do you have to replace yours so often. Mine last for 10 years
or more. I think one i use often is still original, 42 years.

I once bought a seat refinisher, but it seemed cheap and I wasn't
convinced it did anything.

Could be the water. When we moved to CT I was going through washers and
the kits for Delta faucets very often. I put in a sediment filter in
the water line and then they lasted many years. Lots of crap in the
water and I had to change the element every couple of months.

So will the same water damage whatever it is that cartridges use?