Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago?

David P wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David P wrote

Why did they say we were overpopulated 50 years ago,
when the world pop was half of what it is now?

Because fools like Ehrlich were predicting
the end of civilisation as we know it. Fools like
Malthus had been doing that much earlier too.

They all got it wrong and we are doing fine with the
current population and will do in the future too.

The Yale researchers called for ZPG 50 years ago,

Yep, they were that stupid.

but the other scientists didn't chime in,

Some like Ehrlich did.

because they were afraid to "bite the hand
that feeds them" (they get so much of their
bread & butter from Government grants).

Bull**** with ZPG.

The people weren't aware of what
the ZPG'ers were looking at,

More bull****. Ehrlich kept endlessly
raving on about it and still does.

so they didn't believe anything needed to be done;

Plenty did. And they were wrong too.

the politicians knew that, so they
just kicked the can down the road!

Wrong, as always. The problem fixed itself.
NOT one modern first world country is even
self replacing now if you take and immigration
and that true of most of the second world too.

Birth rates are dropping EVERYWHERE, even
in the third world except where the birth rate
is already right down in the noise

India and China, by far the two most populous
countrys in the world, COMBINED arent even self
replacing now, even if you include immigration.

Its fixing itself fine.