Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet

On 1/22/21 7:25 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:54:58 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

It needs new washers every few weeks. Replacement units are under $100,
but I've been looking for 'washerless' with no success. I assume that
modern units are ALL washerless so nobody mentions it.

???

Ceramic cartridges? Something else?

I NEVER want to replace another washer, and appearance is irrelevant.
Is one of these what I want?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Peerless...F-SS/314521478

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Peerless...05LF/203916778

Those both sure look like they use washers to me.

But why do you have to replace yours so often. Mine last for 10 years
or more. I think one i use often is still original, 42 years.

I once bought a seat refinisher, but it seemed cheap and I wasn't
convinced it did anything.

Many faucets have replaceable seats. If the seats might be ruining your
washers and you can replace the seats, do that. They unscrew with a
flat-blade screwdriver. Somehow the slot doesn't interfere with the
seat or the hole, clever people these plumbers.

Good point about the seats maybe damaging the washers. There are tools
made to remove removable seats.
https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...t+removal+tool

BTW, the 2 faucets mentioned above use cartridges, as shown in their
parts diagrams.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/...5cd8159bff.pdf

BTW had same experience with a seat refinisher. Waste of time and money.