Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Leaky wall-mounted kitchen faucet

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 13:54:58 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

It needs new washers every few weeks. Replacement units are under $100,
but I've been looking for 'washerless' with no success. I assume that
modern units are ALL washerless so nobody mentions it.

???

Ceramic cartridges? Something else?

I NEVER want to replace another washer, and appearance is irrelevant.
Is one of these what I want?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Peerless...F-SS/314521478

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Peerless...05LF/203916778

Those both sure look like they use washers to me.

But why do you have to replace yours so often. Mine last for 10 years
or more. I think one i use often is still original, 42 years.

I once bought a seat refinisher, but it seemed cheap and I wasn't
convinced it did anything.

Many faucets have replaceable seats. If the seats might be ruining your
washers and you can replace the seats, do that. They unscrew with a
flat-blade screwdriver. Somehow the slot doesn't interfere with the
seat or the hole, clever people these plumbers.