Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Full list after president grants clemency to 143 people in final hours

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is
ridiculous that so many people were getting 20
to life sentences for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a
dose of conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.

Because it makes the pardoning of their own criminals
like Bannon look a little more plausible for fools like you.

I don't give a **** about Bannon either way.

Irrelevant to why the fashion to pardon
some criminals already in jail took off.

He was busted for scamming people dumb
enough to send Trump money for his wall.

See above.

It is really ironic that a lot of these people are
in prison for selling pot in a state where you
can buy it over the counter legally now.

Yes, and that's why slick pardoned all the draft dodgers.

That was Carter but I guess they were both goober governors before
they went to the white house. I can see how you got confused.

I wasn't confused and their history is
irrelevant to why I remembered it wrong.

It is still against the federal law.

Federal law is irrelevant, they don't have the jurisdiction.

Tell that to those people in federal prison for drugs.

Don't need to, the feds don't jail anyone
for drug use in states where its now legal.

There is a huge agency (the DEA) that does nothing
but arrest people breaking an unconstitutional law.

But it doesn't do that in states where its no legal.

.... and I told you why they are ignoring the federal law they are
sworn to uphold. They know the whole controlled substances act might
be in jeopardy and the DEA would have no reason to exist.