Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Full list after president grants clemency to 143 people in finalhours

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Full list after president grants clemency to 143 people in final

On 1/21/21 9:04 AM, Bod wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

C'mon man! Arlen is right.

Put the "OT:" string at the beginning of the subject line so others don't have to see your juvenile political posts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/01/2021 15:16, Tesla wrote:
On 1/21/21 9:04 AM, Bod wrote:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

C'mon man! Arlen is right.

Put the "OT:" string at the beginning of the subject line so others
don't have to see your juvenile political posts.

The *vast* majority of posts are off topic and very few prefix a subject
with OT.
Arlen picked on a handful of posters and accused us of using different
nyms and confusingly stating that we were ALL the same person.
I've always used the same nym and I never posted to Usenet Farm, which
he accused me of bombarding with posts. I'd previously never heard of
that group.
The man is a well known troll.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:04:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is ridiculous that so many
people were getting 20 to life sentences for non violent drug
offenses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:04:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is ridiculous
that so many people were getting 20 to life sentences
for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:41:21 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:04:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is ridiculous
that so many people were getting 20 to life sentences
for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a dose of
conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.
It is really ironic that a lot of these people are in prison for
selling pot in a state where you can buy it over the counter legally
now.
It is still against the federal law.

I think the feds know they have to look the other way or open up a
constitutional issue that might vacate a bunch of over reaching laws.
Most came from the LBJ/Nixon era.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is
ridiculous that so many people were getting 20
to life sentences for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a
dose of conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.

Because it makes the pardoning of their own criminals
like Bannon look a little more plausible for fools like you.

It is really ironic that a lot of these people are
in prison for selling pot in a state where you
can buy it over the counter legally now.

Yes, and that's why slick pardoned all the draft dodgers.

It is still against the federal law.

Federal law is irrelevant, they don't have the jurisdiction.

I think the feds know they have to look the other
way or open up a constitutional issue that might
vacate a bunch of over reaching laws.

Precisely, they arent stupid.

Most came from the LBJ/Nixon era.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 22:27:03 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:41:21 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:04:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is ridiculous
that so many people were getting 20 to life sentences
for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a dose of
conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.
It is really ironic that a lot of these people are in prison for
selling pot in a state where you can buy it over the counter legally
now.

It's not ironic. It's how the legal system works. Legalizing something
isn't retroactive unless the law actually says so, and by default they
usually don't.

It is still against the federal law.

I think the feds know they have to look the other way or open up a
constitutional issue that might vacate a bunch of over reaching laws.
Most came from the LBJ/Nixon era.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:55:05 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is
ridiculous that so many people were getting 20
to life sentences for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a
dose of conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.

Because it makes the pardoning of their own criminals
like Bannon look a little more plausible for fools like you.

I don't give a **** about Bannon either way. He was busted for
scamming people dumb enough to send Trump money for his wall.

It is really ironic that a lot of these people are
in prison for selling pot in a state where you
can buy it over the counter legally now.

Yes, and that's why slick pardoned all the draft dodgers.

That was Carter but I guess they were both goober governors before
they went to the white house. I can see how you got confused.

It is still against the federal law.

Federal law is irrelevant, they don't have the jurisdiction.

Tell that to those people in federal prison for drugs.
There is a huge agency (the DEA) that does nothing but arrest people
breaking an unconstitutional law.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:04:18 +0000, Bod wrote:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is ridiculous
that so many people were getting 20 to life sentences
for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a dose of
conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.
It is really ironic that a lot of these people are in prison for
selling pot in a state where you can buy it over the counter legally
now.

It's not ironic. It's how the legal system works. Legalizing something
isn't retroactive unless the law actually says so, and by default they
usually don't.

I suppose the question that still may come up is whether the feds have
the power to make a plant that never crossed a state line illegal.
Bear in mind, they had to pass a constitutional amendment to ban
alcohol.
Can you cite the language that changes that? If not you are stuck with
the 9th and 10th amendments.

Up until about 40 states legalized pot in some form, there wasn't
anyone with standing who had the resources to fight the feds.
40 state attorneys general would have that critical mass.
I suppose that isn't entirely true. Timothy Leary had the 1934
marijuana law struck down but the grounds did not address the issue of
a federal ban. It was a tax law, similar to 1934 NFA (the machine gun
tax) Timmy demonstrated it was impossible to pay that tax (buy the
marijuana tax stamp). That was an easier lift.

I can buy a tax stamp for a machine gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/us-p...&itm_content=1

Most of those people deserved a pardon. It is
ridiculous that so many people were getting 20
to life sentences for non violent drug offenses.

But he only pardoned a microscopic subset of those.

It seems to be a tradition tho. Every outgoing president has a
dose of conscience on his last day and pardons a bunch of them.

Because it makes the pardoning of their own criminals
like Bannon look a little more plausible for fools like you.

I don't give a **** about Bannon either way.

Irrelevant to why the fashion to pardon
some criminals already in jail took off.

He was busted for scamming people dumb
enough to send Trump money for his wall.

See above.

It is really ironic that a lot of these people are
in prison for selling pot in a state where you
can buy it over the counter legally now.

Yes, and that's why slick pardoned all the draft dodgers.

That was Carter but I guess they were both goober governors before
they went to the white house. I can see how you got confused.

I wasn't confused and their history is
irrelevant to why I remembered it wrong.

It is still against the federal law.

Federal law is irrelevant, they don't have the jurisdiction.

Tell that to those people in federal prison for drugs.

Don't need to, the feds don't jail anyone
for drug use in states where its now legal.

There is a huge agency (the DEA) that does nothing
but arrest people breaking an unconstitutional law.

But it doesn't do that in states where its no legal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 22:27:03 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:41:21 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
[...]

Not now that they arent actually stupid enough
to charge anyone in states where is now legal.

Bear in mind, they had to pass a constitutional
amendment to ban alcohol.

They chose to go that route, anyway.

Can you cite the language that changes that? If not
you are stuck with the 9th and 10th amendments.

Up until about 40 states legalized pot in some form, there wasn't
anyone with standing who had the resources to fight the feds.

That's bull**** with whats unconstitutional.

40 state attorneys general would have that critical mass.

But the feds arent stupid enough to let that happen.

I suppose that isn't entirely true. Timothy Leary had the 1934
marijuana law struck down but the grounds did not address the
issue of a federal ban. It was a tax law, similar to 1934 NFA (the
machine gun tax) Timmy demonstrated it was impossible to pay
that tax (buy the marijuana tax stamp). That was an easier lift.

I can buy a tax stamp for a machine gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

fOn Fri, 22 Jan 2021 20:16:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

.... and I told you why they are ignoring the federal law they are
sworn to uphold. They know the whole controlled substances act might
be in jeopardy and the DEA would have no reason to exist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

That's always been obvious, as I said.

They know the whole controlled substances act might be
in jeopardy and the DEA would have no reason to exist.

What I said. Try reading the quoting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 09:19:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist. The law I have
great distaste for is the 'Patriot Act'. Tell me what it has done to benefit
citizens.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Some do get wound up when they are no longer
needed. The Work Projects Agency no longer
exists, it didn't just ret renamed nor absorbed.

The law I have great distaste for is the 'Patriot Act'.
Tell me what it has done to benefit citizens.

We havent seen another successful
domestic plane hijacking in the USA.

Great that you don't post on any political issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rveillance-joe

Biden claims to have written it. If you don't believe that, here' a
younger, more coherent Biden taking credit.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2020/07...e-patriot-act/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 17:11:21 -0500, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

The employees don't go away but they frequently change the signs on
the buildings.
The Bureau of Prohibition became The Federal Bureau of Narcotics. That
morphed into the BNDD and then the DEA.
They would find something else to make illegal and change the name
again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 11:02:12 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

They moved over to the War Production Board or they were simply
drafted.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Didnt happen with the WPA.

They would find something else to make illegal

They dont get to do that.

and change the name again.

Fantasy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Wrong, as always.

or they were simply drafted.

That government agency had the plug pulled on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_...on/Termination

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 19:31:51 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist. The law I have
great distaste for is the 'Patriot Act'. Tell me what it has done to benefit
citizens.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rveillance-joe

Biden claims to have written it. If you don't believe that, here' a
younger, more coherent Biden taking credit.

WTF has this **** got to do with ahr, senile gossip?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Sleepless Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:24:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile Australian asshole's latest troll**** unread

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:29:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 19:31:51 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

That is true. The patriot act was originally proposed during the
Clinton administration and some of the same people who were pimping it
after 9-11 were vehemently opposed in 95-96.

Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to
purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor
Safety."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:29:53 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

.... but nobody was fired.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500,
posted for all of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

... but nobody was fired.

Please document that!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of
us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

It isnt a little temporary safety. Same with censorship in wartime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:29:53 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all
of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

That particular government agency ceased to exist.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500,
posted for all of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

They were drafted if they couldn't show that they had a critical job.
This was 1943. Unemployment was virtually nothing.
Even in more contemporary times, the last time there was any
significant government layoff was during the Eisenhower
administration. The usual pattern is you just move across the street
to another agency or your agency changes names. During the Carter
administration the GSA joke was they were going to start putting the
signs on the building up with thumb screws because they changed so
often. Inside, nothing changed.
When I went in, the same people were sitting at the same desks doing
pretty much the same thing. They just had a different sign on the
building.
My customer "Coast and Geodetic Survey" became ESSA, then NOAA and
nothing changed at all in the building. They actually added staff in a
new building. Nobody was laid off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 03:29:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all of
us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

True, it added little to safety.

Same with censorship in wartime.

That is an obsolete concept, made moot by the SCOTUS decision on the
Pentagon papers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 03:30:28 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all
of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Just because an agency ceases to exist does not mean the people are
laid off. Another agency can take up right where they left off or
those people can start firing off 171s and find a new home. Usually
the shut down process is so slow they are never in danger of missing a
paycheck. I lived in the belly of that beast for half of my life. I
know a lot about how civil service works.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500,
posted for all of us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

That quote probably doesn't mean what many people think it means.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500,
posted for all
of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

Thats not what happened with the WPA,
he is just plain wrong when he claimed

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist.

My customer "Coast and Geodetic Survey" became ESSA,
then NOAA and nothing changed at all in the building. They
actually added staff in a new building. Nobody was laid off.

Irrelevant to what happened with the WPA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 03:29:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On 01/23/2021 03:11 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all
of
us to
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

That's bull****. There hasn't been a
successful domestic hijacking since.

Same with censorship in wartime.

That is an obsolete concept,

Nope, plenty of what is recorded on gun camera
footage still isnt allowed to be released.

made moot by the SCOTUS decision on the Pentagon papers.

BULL****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 03:30:28 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 15:29:53 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:04:38 -0500, posted for all
of
us
digest...

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 17:56:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Bod wrote

[...]

What was being discussed was the
stupid pig ignorant claim that

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist.

Another agency can take up right where they left off

That didnt happen with the WPA.

or those people can start firing off 171s and find a new home.

Irrelevant to the stupid claim that

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist.

Usually the shut down process is so slow they
are never in danger of missing a paycheck.

Irrelevant to the stupid claim that

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist.

I lived in the belly of that beast for half of my life.
I know a lot about how civil service works.

But are clearly too stupid to
realise that the claim that

Once a government agency is formed it never ceases to exist.

Is just plain wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:20:06 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants [email protected] UK diy 112 April 6th 10 11:41 AM
Clemency, Tolerance and Gentleness hamada Home Repair 2 May 19th 08 09:12 PM
Low carbon building grants kd UK diy 0 October 29th 06 09:51 AM
central heating grants Nick UK diy 3 January 9th 04 11:06 PM