Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Informed Delivery

On 1/21/21 7:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

[snip]

Now I've adopted a new tactic for telemarketers.
I have Nomorobo which blocks about 80% of the calls.
For the rest, I pick up and don't say anything.
If it's a human they'll eventually start talking.
If it's a machine it eventually hangs up.
I've noticed the number of calls I get seems to be dropping off.
The big payoff is when I don't hear which scam it is, I don't
get as mad.

I still don't answer calls where the caller ID NAME is in the form of
city ST like "DALLAS TX" or "PITTSVILLE OH" or a few hings like "TOLL
FREE CALL" or "Out Of Area" (also unfamiliar or ambiguous company
names). People say using the CID NAME is useless. I ave no idea why,
since this matches the majority of the junk calls I get.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by the rulers as useful." [Seneca the Younger (4? B.C. - 65
A.D.)]