Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default Informed Delivery

On Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 6:38:23 PM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 1/21/21 4:48 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:09:03 -0500, Dan Espen posted for all of us to digest...

" writes:

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 9:39:23 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/20/2021 01:58 PM, wrote:
The could tap our phones and get the same boring results. Nothing
to see here. We don't even send out for pizza.
About the only person I talk to is my ex. I try not to get her fired up
about Cuomo, DeBlasio, and so forth. She said one of her friends dropped
her because of her politics and religion so I steer clear.

Otherwise it's the assholes telling me the warranty on the car I bought
in March is expiring.

Ah, those assholes. I don't have the patience to ask what kind of warranty
they might give me on my 2004 Highlander. Or my husband's 2008
FJ Cruiser.

I once kept them on the phone as long as I could just to waste their
time.

For my 2006 Scion XB they wanted $450/year.
I tried to talk them down but they insisted.

That $450 would be about $430 more than I've spent on repairs
since I bought it in 2006. I once had to buy a $20 part.

Now I've adopted a new tactic for telemarketers.
I have Nomorobo which blocks about 80% of the calls.
For the rest, I pick up and don't say anything.
If it's a human they'll eventually start talking.
If it's a machine it eventually hangs up.
I've noticed the number of calls I get seems to be dropping off.
The big payoff is when I don't hear which scam it is, I don't
get as mad.

Hmm, that is a novel approach I haven't tried. Thanks, I'm always ready to
steal a good idea.

The thing I've always wondered about is what kind of pinhead would do
business with one of these calling companies when their first contact
with you makes them a lawbreaker...

Because people don't think. They react.

My mother was twice caught in an e-mail scam and gave them access to
her bank account. I hollered at her pretty hard the second time, especially
since both times they did something that prevented her from logging on to
her PC, which is where she orders her groceries. I never got the details; she
called the Geed Squad to get her out of it.

Cindy Hamilton