Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OTish: Hard Drive recovery after 8 years

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 21/01/2021 11:38, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2021 18:09:49 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 20/01/2021 17:48, Rod Speed wrote:
[quoted text muted]

And Apple were made a fool of when a third party decrypted the phone
data.

Or claimed to.

I thought the FBI admitted in court that this was the case,

Yes they did, but that was an obsolete iphone,
current iphones didnt have that exploit that
the third party used, it had been fixed.

or certainly the case against Apple fell, because the FBI initially
claimed they couldn't hack the phone.

Actually because apple wouldnt do what the FBI
was trying to get the court to force apple to do.

To be honest I was surprised the FBI couldn't as I thought the code was 4
alphanumerics, which is only 500,000 combinations. BICBW

The phone wipes itself after enough failures.