Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Younger folk & DIY mentality

On 21/01/2021 16:53, Fredxx wrote:

Tricky one. I suspect if you went through the planning exercise with
him, including positioning/marking of the sink and gotchas he may have
found the experience more positive. Instead of which he probably got
some veiled criticism.

I gave rudimentary advice prior.
I'm trying to cure myself of being a control freak so i'm just leaving
folk to do stuff themselves lately.
Particularly where it doesn't matter enormously if it's a top notch job.

And I wasn't critical at all afterwards, I admitted all the gotchas i'd
suffered in my recent (and ongoing) kitchen fit, and it's the 3rd time
i've fit a kitchen into that room. Next time will be a cinch, I must
almost be an expert now.

Anyway the sink is in, the waste was piped up today. Should get mains
done tomorrow. And i've not lifted a finger, happy days.