Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_6_] Cursitor Doom[_6_] is offline

Default Younger folk & DIY mentality

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:01:17 +0000, R D S wrote:

Another example.

We're fashioning a kitchen at work.
Gave my eldest son (recently turned 30) the tools and basic instruction
necessary to make a hole for a sink.

Much ****ing about later there's a sink in the worktop, on the wonk
slightly, too close to the back so that the worktop can't quite reach
the wall unless we severely *******ise the rear of the base unit. But it
will certainly do.

Positively I suggested that he had learned some pitfalls and gotchas so
that if he was to fit a sink again it would be easier and he'd do a
better job.

His retort was that he'd learned that if he needed to fit a sink again
and wanted a better job doing he'd get someone in. And i'm pretty sure
he was serious!

A clever boy you have there. I know so many DIYers much older who
still do not know their limits - and probably never will. Give him a
pat on the back!