Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Informed Delivery

On 1/21/21 4:48 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:09:03 -0500, Dan Espen posted for all of us to digest...

" writes:

On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 9:39:23 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 01/20/2021 01:58 PM, wrote:
The could tap our phones and get the same boring results. Nothing
to see here. We don't even send out for pizza.
About the only person I talk to is my ex. I try not to get her fired up
about Cuomo, DeBlasio, and so forth. She said one of her friends dropped
her because of her politics and religion so I steer clear.

Otherwise it's the assholes telling me the warranty on the car I bought
in March is expiring.

Ah, those assholes. I don't have the patience to ask what kind of warranty
they might give me on my 2004 Highlander. Or my husband's 2008
FJ Cruiser.

I once kept them on the phone as long as I could just to waste their
time.

For my 2006 Scion XB they wanted $450/year.
I tried to talk them down but they insisted.

That $450 would be about $430 more than I've spent on repairs
since I bought it in 2006. I once had to buy a $20 part.

Now I've adopted a new tactic for telemarketers.
I have Nomorobo which blocks about 80% of the calls.
For the rest, I pick up and don't say anything.
If it's a human they'll eventually start talking.
If it's a machine it eventually hangs up.
I've noticed the number of calls I get seems to be dropping off.
The big payoff is when I don't hear which scam it is, I don't
get as mad.

Hmm, that is a novel approach I haven't tried. Thanks, I'm always ready to
steal a good idea.

The thing I've always wondered about is what kind of pinhead would do
business with one of these calling companies when their first contact
with you makes them a lawbreaker...

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?