Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OTish: Hard Drive recovery after 8 years

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:05:12 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 19/01/2021 17:24, tim... wrote:

"Paul" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Brian Gaff (Sofa)" wrote in message
That is silly. Not the same bloke who cannot remember his password
for his bitcoins then?

no, a different guy

There are two different stories on the go, at the same time.

One involves a hard drive.

I think the other one involves an Ironkey with lockout

I haven't a clue what an Ironkey with lockout is

https://www.kingston.com/unitedkingd...rives/ironkey-

s1000-encrypted-usb-flash-drive

Personally I have my doubts as to whether anything you but - especially
when they don't release the code - is truly safe from GCHQ.

I dont given that even the FBI made a spectacular fool
of itself trying to force Apple to decrypt an iphone.