Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Laptop - worth increasing RAM?

"polygonum_on_google" wrote in message
On Monday, 18 January 2021 at 02:29:44 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

Not everyone has a mouse with a wheel or even a multi touch trackpad,
and many don't really have any awareness of keyboard shortcuts - so
disabling a standard bit of UI that works on almost every other page
they encounter is a bit of an issue IMHO.

(to the point I emailed them to highlight the problem!)

Agreed. It seems bizarre to positively remove
something like scroll bars which probably existed
and worked without any specific action at all.

Not really if you care about how it looks and they obviously do.

I wonder if they are mis-detecting the device being used?

Nope, they dont do scroll bars on anything.

Maybe the site "thinks" it is a phone
rather than a laptop/desktop.

Nope. More likely they want a consistent UI
on laptops, desktops and touch screen systems.