Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Fishing.

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 12:16:50 +0000, critcher
wrote:

snip

They may not make a major contribution, but to the fishermen whose jobs
have been lost or will be lost it matters a great deal.

Of course, just has every person / family who has lost their jobs
because of competition, progress or a change of the rules.

This has been happening since the beginning of time and any 'smart'
people re-train or diversify when they see the writing on the wall.

And the UK fishermen, (not making a significant input to the UK GPD)
didn't seem to care about all the other UK workers in more 'relevant
industries that could lose their jobs when voting for us all to leave
the EU?

So if you vote for an unknown and especially where that decision is
made by a tiny minority (suggesting it was far from wanted by 'most
people') and based on dubious 'facts', you really get what's coming to
you. Ironically, it means we all suffer.

As I understand it, Michael Goves (adoptive) father ran a fish processing
business in Aberdeen which closed as a result of the Common Fisheries
Policy. This is why Gove is so anti-EU.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England