Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Computer keyboard problem

On 17/01/2021 10:32, Bert Coules wrote:
Robin wrote:

My mistake.Â* Autopen and AutoClose are special names you can give to
macros if you want them to be run automatically when you open and
close docs.

Ah, thanks for explaining that.Â* Does "running" mean that they have an
immediate visible effect, or that they are there, hidden, to be used at
need?

The Auto- macros run immediately you open, close etc. Whether or not
their effect is visible depends on what the macro does

I'm very conscious of the fact that I use no more than a tiny (tiny)
fraction of what Word can do.

If you mean that when you save a new macro to normal.dot you cannot
run it from a previously created document...

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

...then I never met that with 2003...

I could of courseÂ* have been mistaken.Â* When I posted, I was so fed up
with the software that it's possible I wasn't seeing straight.

Yes, the plethora of options and functions can feel chaotic.

But it's all good training if the day comes when you upgrade to a later
version with the monster that is Multilevel lists.

--
Robin