Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Computer keyboard problem

On 17/01/2021 07:27, Robin wrote:
On 17/01/2021 02:44, Bert Coules wrote:
Robin wrote:

JOOI which version of Word?

"JOO"?

Sorry. "Just Out Of Interest".

And it's Word 2003.

Â*And is this AutoOpen or AutoClose or....?

I've never used either.Â* This is Alt + F thenÂ* O.

My mistake.Â* Autopen and AutoClose are special names you can give to
macros if you want them to be run automatically when you open and close
docs.

If you mean that when you save a new macro to normal.dot you cannot run
it from a previously created document then I never met that with 2003
which I used to use with a /lot/ of macros. But as you're now sorted
I'll put that down as a rare example of my being lucky.

Word processors have got completely out of hand. It took me several
google searches to reveal that a style can be overriden by local
formatting which need to be cleared..

sigh. till haven't got background colour on drop caps sorted

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)